You are reading my uncensored and unbiased review of Satellite Direct.
Note that this is a review though. If you are looking for Satellite Direct website this is not the right place.
You are probably wondering why I wrote and why am I sharing this review with you. Well, when I was in your shoes buying Satellite Direct I was looking for a quality review, but there were only spammy and very biased ones all over the place. That’s why I quickly wrote an honest review to help you who are in the same boat as I was.
Satellite Direct is not only shine and glory as it’s got its weaknesses too. In this review I’ll also be analyzing negative side of Satellite Direct. If that’s something you don’t want to hear, you may as well leave now.
So let’s start by answering the fundamental question: what is Satellite Direct? Simply put it is a software that lets you watch TV on a PC (both Windows and Mac computers are supported). The installation process is very straightforward: first you download Satellite Direct from ETVCorp’s web site, then you install it on your computer, and at the end you fire it up and watch thousands of TV channels (more precisely about 3500), webcams and other kinds of feeds. You don’t need anything else like a satellite dish, set top box or extra money for subscription bills.
So how does Satellite Direct actually work? Basically it’s just a collection of feeds freely available on the internet. But it’s a huge collection though – over 3500 channels waiting there for you to watch. That’s a huge amount of channels and to be honest you’ll probably never watch all of them as there are simply too many. It is a good idea to go through all the channels at least once and bookmark your favorites just to make sure you don’t get lost later. These 3500 channels are not just TV channels. There are also prerecorded shows, live local channels and I’ve even seen some webcam live feeds. Lots of them are pretty much useless, but even after you clean them up, you’ll end up with way too many channels to watch. They’re sorted into groups based on the country. A plus side of Satellite Direct is that these are channels from countries all over the world, unlike only local channels that come with cable packages. Satellite Direct also comes with hundreds of radio channels, movie trailers and other pretty neat features. Those are not the main features of the software so we won’t go into details.
Here are a few preview screenshots of Satellite Direct:
There is one thing you’ll absolutely love about Satellite Direct if you are a frequent traveler and take your laptop with you wherever you go. When you are abroad you will be able to simply connect to internet (wi-fi or 3G), run Satellite Direct and watch TV just like if you were home. That’s really cool because you will never miss your favorite sports games and shows this way.
The good stuff:
- Satellite Direct is dirt cheap. It will cost you a one-time fee of $29.95. There’s no monthly subscription and no hardware for you to buy and install.
- You can watch TV from any location at home or while on the go (ideal for travelers).
- You can access thousands of foreign channels that are usually not available with other TV services.
- You will get extras like Trailers, Radio Channels, etc.
- If you still don’t like it, Clicksure and ETV Corp offer no questions asked money back guarantee.
The bad stuff:
- You will not get 3500 TV channels (some of those channels are local webcams, some are of low quality and some are not operating all the time). Still, you’ll have at least 1500 good channels to choose from, and to be honest you’ll never come even close to watching all of those since that’s just too many. It’s still nice to have a choice though!
- You need to be connected to the internet while using the software (faster it is, better quality you get).
- There are pretty much no quality HD channels included in Satellite Direct.
- You’ll have to go through the list and bookmark your favorite channels, because there are so many of them – there’s a bookmarking system that makes this task much easier.